Students will create and build a robot using recyclable materials. Working in cooperative learning groups students will use math, science, writing, and presentation skills to build the robot. Students love this project and have a wonderful time learning. They will do the following: • Brainstorm a list of recyclable materials to build a robot.
• Write step by step procedures, based on the scientific method, to build the robot.
• Use recyclable materials to build a robot.
• Write a biography of the robot explaining why the robot was made.
• Create a poster and presentation for the robot.
• Measure each group’s robot using inches.
• Record height on a table.
• Create a bar graph of each robot.
• Reflect on creating the robot and working together as a group.