Robots Gear Up For Directions: Directions for Pre-K, K, 1st, 2nd Speech & Language
This is a 27-page download for Pre-K, K, 1st, 2nd students working on improving comprehension of spatial concepts and the ability to follow simple, complex, and conditional oral directions.
• Pages 4-10: Basic Concepts: A whole group activity to teach basic concepts is to teach The Preposition Song. You will need some props (e.g., chair, laundry basket). As the students sing the song, one student follows the instructions in the song. Two options of visual support; little boy and robot (11 cards).
• Pages 11-14: Basic Concepts: A small group activity: Identify and label the following spatial/quantitative concepts: up, down, in, out, on, off, top, bottom, over, under, in front, in back *behind, near, far, together, apart. (16 cards)
• Pages 15-26: Following Directions: There are two game options. You can use the game board, or players draw cards, follow oral or read directions on the card and collect the robots. (Each conditional direction card contains 2-steps but can be used to follow 1-step conditional directions instead depending upon the student’s goals). Extra/Miss a Turn cards are included. The student with the most robots at the end of play is the winner (150 cards)
• Page 16-17: Each card contains 3-steps but can be used to follow 1- or 2-step directions instead depending upon the student’s goals.
• Page 18: before
• Page 19: after
• Page 20: first/then
• Page 21: at the same time
• Page 22: conditional before
• Page 23: conditional after
• Page 24: conditional first/then
• Page 25: conditional at the same time
• Page 26 Robot Race game board
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.1e Use the most frequently occurring prepositions (e.g., to, from, in, out, on, off, for, of, by, with).
CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.A.1 Describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, and next to.