PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Rock Cycle Mini Book (At Level)
Please see the preview.
This print friendly mini-book is perfect for integrated reading and science lessons. It explains Earth Science terms at an elementary level (grades 2-4, or higher for struggling readers), using rich text features, clear graphics and support pages.
Topics from Table of Contents
• What Are Rocks
• Minerals and Soil
• Rock Cycle
• Weathering and Erosion
• Volcanoes and Earthquakes
• Earth Layers
Nonfiction Text Features Included
• Table of contents
• Bold words
• Text boxes
• Diagram & labels
• Barn foldable with and without graphics
• Text Feature Treasure hunt (single or double page)
2018 Aug. 28th I flipped the Text Feature treasure hunt so that when it is in "print preview" it will be upright. I also changed the way it was saved to make the graphics crisper.
2018 Sept. 23 The book now has a Main Idea/Detail assessment and an Earth Science assessment (based on the book). The Earth Science assessment also has a Study Guide or alternate test with fill-in questions. I use this the day before the test. I reworded some paragraphs that were grammatically correct, but sounded funny when kids read them aloud.
Three Book Levels
• The bundle contains all three levels.
• All books have the same text features and table of contents
• Beginner level – more picture supports and simplified language
• Remedial level – estimated reading level 1.9-2.9
• This product is At level – geared for grades 3/4, but would work well for upper grade students who need rich picture support.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
The Rock Cycle Mini-book BUNDLE which includes:
The Earth Science Bundle includes graphics purchased from these amazing artists:
key words: minibook, mini book, mini-book, earth science, nonfiction text features
Thank you for your interest inCreative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley!
Please click the link to FOLLOW ME for 50% off the first 48 hours.