I love creating fun and engaging ways to have my students review over concepts or entire year long subject areas. You can use the Rock-N-Roll Review in many ways. I included directions on how to play one game but the possibilities are endless really. I found that the easiest way to play was to simply print off the game board on one side and the answer key on the other side. Then, place it in a clear sheet protector. Students use a di and dry erase marker to initial each box they correctly answer. If a student needs more accountability, you can have them write their responses on the Rock-N-Roll Worksheet (which is included as well.) The product can then be used at any time and great when you have a few minutes to review, for early finishers, or centers!
The Rock-N-Roll Measurement Review covers the Common Core Standards for 3rd grade measurement and is an EXCELLENT way to review for the end of unit measurement test (Take a look at the Measurement Test and Study Guide I created to go along with this product in my store!). The Rock-N-Roll Review provides a fun review that will keep your students wanting to play...I mean review :).
Measuring to the nearest whole, half, and quarter inch
Measuring with a line segment not placed on zero
Area of rectangles
Perimeter of rectangles
Using units to find area and perimeter
Knowing the time phrases quarter till, quarter past, and half past
Estimating with G vs. KG
Estimating more or less than a liter
Below you see the instructions for the how I like to use the product in my class, however, you can use the game board to play any version that will best fit your students' needs.
Materials needed: Rock and Roll Game Board (laminated or in clear sheet protector), di, dry erase marker
1. Find a partner and gather the needed materials. (Could also be played independently or in small group.)
2. Take turns rolling the di to see who gets the greatest digit. The student who rolls the greatest digit goes first.
3. Take turns rolling the di and answering the questions in the boxes under the number you rolled. You must start with the first box and work your way down each column.
4. Correctly answer the question by telling your partner or writing it on the Rock-N-Roll Worksheet. You can check your partners answer by looking at the Rock-N-Roll Answer Sheet.
5. If you get the question correct, write your initial in the box over the laminated question sheet. (You just earned a point!)
6. Once one of the columns have been filled completely with initials, count up all boxes you correctly answered on the game board. (Challenge: Fill up ALL of the boxes instead of just one column!)
7. Whoever answered the most questions correctly wins that round.
You will wipe off the board game and start another round!
8. The player who wins the most rounds wins the game!
Check out the other Rock-N-Roll Reviews I have in my store along with many other great review products!
****Be sure you "follow me" so that you get an email each time I add a new product listing. All new products are listed at 50% off OR FREE for the first 48 hours they are listed!