This is a fun, easy way to display book reports in your classroom! Students choose and read books individually, then each completes a rocket (for fiction) or a star (for nonfiction) book report.
This product includes: the lesson plan; "Reading makes your imagination take off!" poster; extra stars; and 10 different book report forms:
1) Name, book, author (rocket)
2) Draw your favorite part (rocket)
3) Write your favorite part (rocket)
4) Moral of the story (rocket)
5) Characters, setting, favorite part (rocket)
6) Beginning, middle, end (rocket)
7) Draw something you learned (star)
8) Write what you learned (star)
9) Write three facts you learned (star)
10) Main topic and details (star)
You decide which type of book report form you want to use--all the same, one rocket for fiction and one star for nonfiction, or multiple forms depending on each student's reading and writing level. This activity lends itself very easily to differentiated instruction within one grade, multi-age classrooms, homeschooling families, and gifted and talented classrooms.This can be a one-time activity (each child reads one book and fills out one form), or an ongoing, fun alternative to book reports.