Rockin’ Rocks – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Please see the preview.
Are you a multitasker? If so, you’ll understand why I use these science, character education, figurative language and writing lessons, all wrapped in one!
• It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
• In some parts of the world, students are going to school every day. It's their normal life. But in other part of the world, we are starving for education... it's like a precious gift. It's like a diamond.
• If it weren't for the rocks in its bed, the stream would have no song.
• A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
Henry Ward Beecher
• It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.
Each prompt includes:
1. Grayscale poster
2. Full Color Poster (new in this bundle)
3. Prewrite graphic organizer
4. Organizer with sentence level cues
5. Organizer with writing paper
6. Quote with writing space
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
Update: 12/5/2015 to fix lines that fell of the page when saved as a PDF.
This is part of the Rockin’ Rocks Language Arts BIG BUNDLE
– no need to buy the parts if you own the whole bundle. Please see the links below for the individual parts:
• Rockin’ Rocks ESSENTIAL Questions and JOURNAL
• Rockin’ Rocks NONFICTION ELA
• Rockin’ Rocks VOCABULARY Bundle
• Rockin’ Rocks WRITING Bundle
o Rockin’ Rocks SCIENCE Writing
o Rockin’ Rocks IDIOM Writing
o Rockin’ Rocks Inspirational QUOTE Writing
o Rockin’ Rocks Stone Soup Pardody 6-trait Writing
• Rockin’ Rocks ROLL READ GRAPH
• Rockin’ Rocks QUIZZES
My thanks to the following creative talents: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ashley-Hughes-38 (paper)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley!
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.