Rock your class to 50 with this counting movement song!
*Lesson Objective: Practice counting to 50 with movements and rhythm
*Early Learning Standards Strands:
-Mathematics – Numbers Sense, Counting to 50
-Social Studies – American History – 50 States
-CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.1: Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
-CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.2: Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
-CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.3: Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
*Academic Vocabulary: nifty, fifty, count, half, hundred, states, 1-50
*Sight Words (Dolch/Brigance): well, a, and, it, you, to all, the, to, I, know, that, not, have, this, make, of, how, are, there
*Movement Strategies: Gross Motor, Cardiovascular, Cross Mid-Line
To see a sample of the this song and the movements go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpy-p_PwRJA
The download includes:
1. Introduction with Lesson Elements
2. MP3 of Rockin’ to 50
3. Lesson Script to help you introduce the song and movements to your classroom complete with recommended booklists and activities to reinforce the learning concept.
4. Lyrics and Movement page
5. Visual Aids for teaching (2 files)
6. Bridging Activity: Black Line Master for printing
7. Activity Sheet for reinforcement
8. Parent Guide in English
9. Parent Guide in Spanish
Additional Materials needed
Rockin’ to 50
by Music, Movement & Magination
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License