This work includes the 3 major rock groups: Igenous, Sedimentary, and Metamorphic.
The following 18 rocks are included: andesite, basalt, gabbro, granite, obsidian, rhyolite, breccia, conglomerate, limestone, rock salt, sandstone, shale, gneiss, hornfels, marble, phyllite, quartzite, and slate.
- 3-Part Cards for each of the 18 rocks
- Title cards for sorting categories
- Information cards for each: Igneous, Sedimentary, Metamorphic (simple & complex)
- Pronunciation cards for Igneous, Sedimentary, and Metamorphic
- 2 Control Charts (1 without labels, 1 with labels)
- 3 Classification Charts (1 for each group)
- 2 blank Classification Charts (2 per 8½ x 11" paper)
The 18 Sorting Cards are approx. 3¼" x 3¾" with the labels.
Learn why our materials are open-ended.