Help meet the CCSS to introduce more informational text to special needs students with this Science text on rocks. Learn about rocks with interactive activities and books while having fun.
This resource includes:
- An 18 page clinician written book about rocks that includes information, pictures, and some comprehension questions
- 3 classroom posters about the 3 types of rocks, the rock cycle and rock size vocabulary
- A rock-simulating experiment with writing response
- An art project
- A graph that goes along with a poll included in the book about types of rocks in students’ homes
- A word search puzzle
- Vocabulary match, 2 pages
- Picture word bank for students who need pictures to write or tell using SymbolStix from www.news2you.com
- Templates and instructions for making a shutterbook (sometimes known as a lapbook - which is a trademarked term)
There are also some for a variety of animals.