This task is CCLS aligned, and is suggested for use at the end of the rocks and minerals unit for high school students.
Students will write a proposal for the best rock material to use to create a kitchen in a residential housing unit.
- Making precise claims/counter claims
- Citing specific textual evidence
- Drawing conclusions
(1) Outline of task
(2) Suggested text
(3) Jigsaw activity (+graphic organizer) with suggested grouping
(4) Close-Reading of Text Activity (+ graphic organizer)
(5) Close-Reading of Text Activity 2 (+ graphic organizer)
(6) Sentence stems for each activity
Implemented over three 55 minute periods
End Product: 5 paragraph proposal