Rocks, Soil, and Water was made specially to meet the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) Science Standards: K.7ABC, 1.7A, 1.7C, and 2.7A. It also can be used to scaffold the vocabulary and concepts for the third and fourth grade science centers. Rocks, Soil, and Water could be used during STAAR preparation time to refresh students on this concept. Rocks, Soil, and Water can be used for Common Core ELA lessons on informational text.
Rocks, Soil, and Water can be used as:
- science big book for Project G.L.A.D.
- the “Engage” piece to a 5E science lesson
- tool to activate prior knowledge
- tool to teach content-specific vocabulary (including attributes, texture, geologist, hydrologist, humus, particles)
- teaching tool for informational text (concepts: photographs match the text, text features, main idea, supporting details, etc.)
This 15-page science pack includes:
- One page of Directions to Create Book & Tips to Use Book
- Six page big books (1 title page, 5 text pages)
- Eight pages of photographs to cut and paste on 11x17 colored construction paper.
This pack allows you to create a six page science big book. You can also print an additional set of photographs and use them for Exploration Charts or Picture File Cards in a Project G.L.A.D. unit.
If you like what you see, follow me! I'm always updating the store with new resources for you. Follow me by clicking on the green "Follow Me" star under my store name on this page.
Look for more NEW Science Big Books coming in the next few weeks. The best way to keep up-to-date on new products that can benefit you is to “Follow Me” as described above.
Thank you for your ratings and feedback and entrusting me with your classroom resources! Looking forward to hear from you!