Rocks Unit English Activities
1. Decodeable 8 pg. coloring booklet About Rocks helps students read facts about rocks such as rocks have different sizes, colors, shapes, textures, hardness, and luster.
2. Three different foldables to help identify things such as where you find rocks (locations), uses for rocks, and 1 foldable to help students to investigate a rock of their choice such as what a geologist would look at. They may also be used as an assessment tool.
3. Geologist Hat pattern and paper saver 2 on 1 page geologist hat patterns.
4. Geologist Paper Bag puppet.
5. 1 hand lens/magnifying glass pattern (suggestions: cut out the middle circle first, then laminate. After laminating, then cut out the rest of the pattern. Roll the bottom portion and it will look like it actually has glass in the middle, giving students the impression of their own geologist tool.
6. Decodeable 8 pg. coloring booklet Rocks Everywhere helps students read facts about where rocks are located.