Rocks Unit Spanish and English Activities
1. 2 Decodeable 8 pg. coloring booklets-- About Rocks in English and Sobre las rocas in Spanish--helps students read facts about rocks such as rocks have different sizes, colors, shapes, textures, hardness, and luster, in both languages.
2. Six different foldables in both languages English and Spanish (3 in English and 3 in Spanish) to help identify things such as where you find rocks (locations), uses for rocks, and 1 foldable to help students to investigate a rock of their choice such as what a geologist would look at. May be used as an assessment tool.
3. Geologist Hat pattern and paper saver 2 on 1 page geologist hat patterns.
4. Geologist Paper Bag puppet.
5. 1 hand lens/magnifying glass pattern (suggestions: cut out the middle circle first, then laminate. After laminating, then cut out the rest of the pattern. Roll the bottom portion and it will look like it actually has glass in the middle, giving students the impression of their own geologist tool.
6. 2 Decodeable 8 pg. coloring booklets-- Rocks Everywhere in English and Rocas en todos lados in Spanish--helps students read facts about where rocks are located.