The Rock and Mineral Unit is filled with everything you need! This unit can range anywhere from three to seven weeks in length depending on what you need and what additional projects you have time for.
The unit includes the following:
1. Unit Outline: We provide a suggested outline of how we would teach the unit. This guideline is to help you make since of all the files. As always, you are able to adjust as needed to fit the needs of your students, teaching style, and classroom!
2. Standards: All of our units/lessons are aligned with the Colorado State standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the 21st Century Learner Standards. We also provide cross-curriculum lessons with in the science unit that address language arts, math, and/or social studies standards.
3. Lesson Presentations: The unit comes with a Power Point presentation that guides your instruction class by class.
4. Assessment Package: The unit includes an assessment package. This was designed to support the teacher on how to use the student data to drive your instruction. It comes complete with quizzes, test questions, answer keys, graphing charts for monitoring student progress, and more.
5. Sub Plans! We designed the Rock and Mineral Sub Plans (FREE in our TpT store) to align with this unit. They are an engaging supplemental lesson. This means that the sub has a great lesson that is aligned with the topic but it is not tested material. If you do not need them as sub plans, they make great extensions or are a perfect lesson for the jumbled day… You know, where there is a program and kids are in and out of class or when half of the class is out on a field trip!
6. Differentiation Options: We know that classrooms are filled with a variety of learners. We provide support for the struggling learner and extensions for the advanced learner. (These extensions can also be used as absent work.)
7. Editable: You can EDIT our products to make them unique to your teaching style and to your classroom. We just ask that you do NOT edit then sell our work.
8. Quality Work: We created and taught all of our units. Then, like good teachers do, we adjusted them based on our experience in our own classrooms. They have been tested and are teacher approved!
Types of Rocks (Sedimentary, Metamorphic, and Igneous)
The Rock Cycle
It is our goal to help teachers by providing quality projects. We hope that this unit saves you valuable time and engages your students in learning Earth Science!