Rocks and Minerals Resource Bundle
This bundled product contains the following 5 StudentSavvy resources!
Rock & Minerals Interactive Notebook
Rock & Minerals Interactive PowerPoint
Rock Cycle STEM Challenges
Rock & Minerals Google Classroom Student Projects
Rock & Minerals Assessments
All you'll ever need for a unit on the Rock Cycle! :)
More information on each resource:
- Rocks & Minerals Interactive Notebook
This product contains interactive cut and paste learning material for students to create an organized science interactive notebook.
This resource is designed for any rock, mineral, or gemstone unit.
Topics Covered in this unit include: Mineralogy, minerals (the 5 mineral requirements), Identifying Minerals: luster types, cleavage & fracture types, density, Mohs scale, streak test, sedimentary rocks, igneous rocks, metamorphic rocks, sediments, rock cycle, weathering, erosion, deposition, gemstones
- Rock & Minerals Interactive PowerPoint
This teaching resource is quite the virtual experience! This Rocks, Minerals, and Gems Interactive PowerPoint can be used as a powerful classroom presentation or students can click their way through it on individual computers.
- Rock Cycle STEM Challenge
Rock Cycle Crayon Challenge!
Students must demonstrate the rock cycle and the different rock formations that occur during the process. All three types of rock must be present in the cycle. Students must save a small sample of rock during each phase and it must be labeled which type it is. STEM groups have three trials to complete the challenge.. They must complete the challenge in 75 minutes. more instructions are found in the resource!
2. Weathering and Erosion Challenge! Using a list of supplies, students must demonstrate how weathering and erosion affects our landscape. They must build four rock cliffs using sugar cubes and decide on different weathering and erosion strategies for each rock cliff (one strategy per rock cliff). A strategy can be a combination of wind and rain effects or another way to break down the rocks. They must describe and label each strategy they came up with. (Ex: 10 drops of water and 5 seconds of shaking in plastic container – rain and wind) The goal is to find a wide variety of results from different weathering and erosion strategies. They have one hour to complete this challenge. more instructions are found in the resource!
-Rock & Minerals Google Classroom Student Projects
This product contains 2 digital projects that students can complete using Google Slides! This resource has a brochure project and an info-graphic / poster project.
Each student-centered project has a sample project and detailed project instructions for the students.
Info-graphic / Poster Project
Using a list of topics, student choose what they would like to research related to rocks & minerals. All of the elements in the info-graphic must be organized, clearly visible, and well placed. Creativity with color and photos is a must! **More instructions found in the resource
Using a template, students design an informational brochure that highlights important facts and topics about rocks & minerals.
**More instructions found in the resource
- Rocks & Minerals Assessment/Exam
This product contains an assessment that has vocabulary matching, fill in the blank, short answer, essay, and an info-graphic! It has 18 questions total.
It also contains an ANSWER KEY and an EDITABLE powerpoint file.
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases
page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower.
You will now be able to see FREEBIES
and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)