This rocks and minerals lapbook kit includes 10 PAGES OF INFORMATIONAL PASSAGES about geology, types of rocks, rock cycle, layers of the Earth, Mohs scale of hardness, and mineral identification/testing, PLUS black line masters and photo illustrations for making a rocks and minerals lapbook with your students. Also included, are 4 full color mini-posters of the layers of the Earth and rock types that match the images in the passages. Use these resources to complement your own rocks and minerals unit.
This lapbook kit contains the following interactive parts:
1. Lapbook cover
2. Types of rocks layered book (igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic)
3. Rocks and minerals interlocking piece with cut and paste definitions
4. Rock cycle visual with cut and paste pieces
5. Layers of the earth lift the flap (crust, mantle, outer and inner core)
6. Rock and mineral vocabulary pocket with 17 vocabulary cards
7. Properties of minerals flip flap book (streak color, light, hardness, feel, smell, luster, magnetism, shape)
8. Mohs Scale of Hardness insert
9. Light test T-fold (transparent, translucent, opaque)
This lapbook is now available in Spanish! Click here to see the Spanish version:
Lapbooks are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete lapbook makes a terrific study guide for the unit test.
Are you unsure about lapbooks? Watch this YouTube video to find out why I love lapbooks and how I use them in my own classroom.
Thank you for considering my Rocks and Minerals Lapbook Interactive Kit.
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out: