This rocks and minerals project will make a super interactive learning tool and study guide for students as they learn about rocks and minerals! The activities may be used to create a lapbook or as part of an interactive notebook.
The following is included with this resource:
1. A lapbook title page (boy and girl choices)
2. “My Special Rock” Pocket, which included six cards with activities students complete using a rock that they find at home or school
3. Rocks and Minerals Vocabulary Pocket (16 cards with definitions, 16 without definitions for teachers who prefer students to research word meanings on their own)
4. Rock Cycle Diagram (A cut and paste activity)
5. Learning About Types of Rocks Mini-Book (which includes three pictures and names of each type of rock, along with lines for recording notes)
6. Layers of the Earth foldable activity
7. Mohs Hardness Scale mini-poster
8. Differentiating between rocks and minerals (sorting activity)
Students may use the information in the lapbook to discuss important concepts in class, to study for an assessment, and to have as a keepsake of all the interesting and important information they learned during the unit.
You may also like the Rocks and Minerals Bundle, which contains more resources to supplement your rocks and minerals unit! Save 20% by purchasing the Rocks and Minerals Bundle
(Please Note: This resource is sold individually and not included in the bundle.)
This bundle contains the following sets:
Rocks and Minerals - Fun Sorting Activities!
Rocks and Minerals Interactive Notebook Activities
Rocks and Minerals Scavenger Hunt Task Cards
Rocks and Minerals Photo Activity Cards
~For personal and single classroom use only.~