Also included in
- This bundle can help your students write and talk about their science learning! Use these writing prompts, paired passages, and non-fiction passages about rocks and minerals to get your students thinking scientifically! These activities are perfect for informal or formal assessment of your elementa$7.50$10.00Save $2.50
- Looking for reading passages about life science? Look no further! SIX useful sets of five differentiated passages with open-ended questions for students to explain their thinking OR multiple choice questions to practice their test-taking skills. Each passage also includes a writing prompt and a gra$27.00$36.25Save $9.25
Looking for reading passages about rocks and minerals? Look no further! A useful set of five differentiated passages with open-ended questions for students to explain their thinking OR multiple choice questions to practice their test-taking skills. Each passage also includes a writing prompt and a grading rubric. As a bonus, there are also 10 vocabulary cards, 10 true/false questions, and 8 matching questions!
Perfect for informal or formal assessment of your elementary students’ ability to read and write about science! Answer keys included!
This product aligns to NGSS 4-ESS1-1. Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock layers to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
This set includes:
★ 5 multi-paragraph reading passages on 3 differentiated levels
★ Choice of passage + open-ended questions
★ Choice of passage + multiple choice questions
★ Writing prompt with grading rubric for each topic
- 10 vocabulary cards about rocks and minerals (can be cut out to match them or folded in half to use as flashcards)
- 10 true/false questions about rocks and minerals
- 8 matching questions about rocks and minerals
★ Rocks and Minerals
★ Mohs Hardness Scale
★ The Grand Canyon
★ Layers of Rocks (Which Came First?)
★ Rock Formation (Rocks Rock!)
Please leave feedback for me! Educators need each other - thanks for helping me learn and grow! And thanks for shopping!
I am a science lover! I hold my Science Specialist’s Degree and have supported my district’s science learning for many years through teacher education and training. I hope this product ignites a love of science in your classroom!
Check out these additional Science and Literacy Resources!
Inherited Traits Resources (3-LS3-1):
Life Cycles Resources (3-LS1-1):
Fossils Resources (3-LS4-1):
Animal Groups Resources (3-LS2-1):
Habitats Resources (3-LS4-3):
Environmental Changes Resources (3-LS4-4):
Rocks and Minerals Resources (4-ESS1-1):
Click below to take a look at more great resources!
★COMMON CORE MATH WORD PROBLEMS★
*ENTIRE YEAR BUNDLE*