Rocks and minerals can be such a fun unit, and this presentation helps make teaching the unit a little easier! This presentation features full color photographs to help your students understand the concepts!
It is also great for when you have a substitute, so all of the information is right there!
This is also included in: Rocks and Minerals Unit - Earth Science Series
This presentation covers:
♦ Difference Between Rocks and Minerals
- What is a mineral?
- What is a rock?
♦ All About Rocks
- How do we classify rocks?
- What are the three types of rock?
- Igneous rock
- Sedimentary rock
- Metamorphic rock
- What is the rock cycle? (changes in rocks: weathering, melting, cooling, heat & pressure, and pressure by itself)
♦ All About Minerals
- How do we identify minerals?
- Properties of minerals: color, luster, streak, hardness (Mohs hardness scale)
- Examples of special properties and mineral chart
♦ Discussion Questions for all topics
*Please note that the presentation is in PDF format, and can be viewed and advanced exactly like a PPT. Go to "View" > "Full Screen", and click to advance. Works with remotes too!
I hope you enjoy this item. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas for custom work, please contact me! Thanks and stop by again soon!
Visit my blog!
Visit me on Facebook!
Follow me on Pinterest!