Rocks and Minerals Reader's Theater - Science Play - Science Reader's Theater
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking for a way to incorporate reading and science? How about adding fluency practice for the whole class? This Reader's Theater Science Bundle includes three original plays: I Wanna Be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals), Weather, and the Solar System. Each script has enough parts (30) for the wholePrice $8.00Original Price $12.00Save $4.00
- Looking for a way to save time by incorporating reading and science? Want to give your students meaningful and fun fluency practice? This Reader's Theater Science Bundle can help you accomplish all those goals! It includes six original plays: I Wanna Be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals), Weather, thePrice $14.00Original Price $24.00Save $10.00
Looking for a way to save time by incorporating reading and science? How about adding fluency practice for the whole class? This "I Wanna Be a Rock Star" Play is all about rocks and minerals. It is an original science script I wrote for my class as an end of the year performance for parents and students, but it may also be used as a great activity to reinforce a rocks and minerals science unit.
The play is filled with lots of scientific information about rocks and minerals, including sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks, fossils, Moh's Scale of Hardness, and more! This is a high-interest science play full of humor too. Students love to perform this one since it's so much fun!
Specifically, it includes:
8 Page Original Script with 30 parts
11 Pages of Detailed Teacher Notes
Summary of the Play:
Basalt (the main character, a little rock) has decided to leave the quarry to search for an agent who will help him become a rock star. Along the way, he meets each rock group, like the igneous rocks who are having a luau.
During his travels, we get to know cute characters like the Geologist, a nerdy know-it-all, Moh, the fast-talking, slick agent, and Diamond, the diva superstar. In the end, Basalt seeks the advice of The Geode, a wise, all-knowing guru, who helps him follow his dreams.
The running time for this play is about 20 -25 minutes, which is a perfect amount of time for 3rd - 6th graders.
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reader's Theater Science Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Here are the other two plays included in the Reader's Theater Science Bundle:
Reader's Theater: Weather Play
Reader's Theater: Solar System Play
Why you'll love this resource:
- It's a perfect way to introduce or review a science unit.
- It helps you save time by integrating science and reading.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but it can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The play can be used as a grand production for the whole school or for a parent night or it may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the play and enjoy reading it.
- There are suggested popular songs that may be added for full productions, like We Will Rock You!
- The play is a great tool to practice fluency using repeated readings.
Need more science plays?
Adaptations Around the World Reader's Theater
Dude, Where's My Rock? Weathering, Erosion, and Deposition Reader's Theater
Force and Motion at the Amusement Park Reader's Theater
This Reader's Theater Bundle Has 3 plays: Adaptations, Weathering, Erosion, and Deposition, and Force and Motion!
Reader's Theater Science Bundle #2
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.