Products in this Bundle (3)
This bundle can help your students write and talk about their science learning! Use these writing prompts, paired passages, and non-fiction passages about rocks and minerals to get your students thinking scientifically!
These activities are perfect for informal or formal assessment of your elementary students’ ability to write about science! Use them for both writing and science grades too!
This set includes:
★ 2 Graphic Organizers - great for note-taking or formative assessment
★ 2 open-ended writing prompts
★ 4 teacher rubrics (one per assignment)
★ 2 informational/non-fiction passages about rocks on 3 differentiated levels
★ 1 open-ended writing prompt
★ 1 open-ended writing rubric
★ 1 short answer page with sample answers
★ 1 multiple-choice quiz on 3 differentiated levels
- Level 1: 4 questions, Level 2: 6 questions, Level 3: 8 questions
★ Multiple Choice Answer Key
★ 1 graphic organizer
★ 5 reading passages (an above level option & an on/below level option)
- Choice of passage + differentiated open-ended questions
- Choice of passage + four OR six multiple choice questions (depending on level)
- 5 Writing Prompts
- 5 Grading Rubrics for Writing Prompts
- 10 vocabulary cards about rocks and minerals (can be cut out to match them or folded in half to use as flashcards)
- 10 true/false questions about rocks and minerals
- 8 matching questions about rocks and minerals
Check out these additional Science and Literacy Resources!
Inherited Traits Resources (3-LS3-1):
Life Cycles Resources (3-LS1-1):
Fossils Resources (3-LS4-1):
Animal Groups Resources (3-LS2-1):
Habitats Resources (3-LS4-3):
Environmental Changes Resources (3-LS4-4):
Rocks and Minerals Resources (4-ESS1-1):
Please leave feedback for me! Educators need each other - thanks for helping me learn and grow! And thanks for shopping! wavesofdeals36
I am a science lover! I hold my Science Specialist’s Degree and have supported my district’s science learning for many years through teacher education and training. I hope this product ignites a love of science in your classroom!
Click below to take a look at more great resources!
★COMMON CORE MATH WORD PROBLEMS★
*ENTIRE YEAR BUNDLE*