Make your rocks and minerals unit the most loved science unit your students will complete all year!
This complete unit is google classroom compatible as well as printable, depending on your classroom needs.
You'll be provided with the following resources
1) Teacher guide with everything you need for each lesson. All needed resources are downloadable directly from the guide making prep a breeze! The teacher guide includes a unit overview and daily lesson plans. The lesson plans include detailed information about student objective, materials needed, teacher preparation required, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson. You'll even find sample anchor charts & answer keys embedded right into the teacher guide.
2) Student geo-guide that goes along with each lesson and includes a journal question for each day. [google classroom compatible]
3) Anchor slides that go hand in hand with the lessons. The slides are interactive and beautifully laid out to grab your students' attention! The anchor slides are provided in PowerPoint, PNG image files, and a PDF.
4) Layers of the Earth craft to illustrate where geologist find rocks and minerals [google classroom compatible]
5) Rock pictures for an introductory lesson on rocks [google classroom compatible]
6) Article on mineral properties [google classroom compatible]
7) A mineral property testing guide to help students test the different properties of several minerals [google classroom compatible]
8) A set of 5 fossil discovery learning folders where students explore fossils and the types of rock that fossils are found in,
9) Rocks and minerals Link & Think digital learning guide to help students review everything that they have learned throughout the unit. (+ a student flipbook to create a study guide) [google classroom compatible]
10) End of Unit Assessment [google classroom compatible]
11) Bulletin board set to reinforce the content learned for each lesson
The following topics are covered:
• What are rocks and minerals?
• Layers of the Earth
• How do rocks form?
• The 3 types of rocks
• Mineral properties
• The rock cycle
• fossils (where they are found, types of fossils, how they are studied, fossil fuels, fossil discoveries)
Students will learn through small group and whole group activities, experiements, videos, centers, technology and more!
In all, there are over 200 pages, anchor slides, and bulletin board pieces!
Be sure to check out the detailed sample to get a better idea of everything that is included!
You may also like:
Purchase 3 or more units and save up to 20% by using one of my "Design Your Own Bundles" options! See details below: