Make your students' learning fun and engaging with this packet about rocks and minerals!
This unit contains:
- READING COMPREHENSION PAGES
The "Key Concepts about Rocks and Minerals" document explains:
1. The geosphere and its layers
3. Igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks
4. The formation of rocks
- A 7-PAGE GLOSSARY
Students will learn easily all the new vocabulary about rocks and minerals with it!
- A WORLD MAP OF MINERALS
- AN ASSESSMENT QUIZ
Assess your students with a multiple choice test of 24 questions. Answers can be deducted from the "Key Concepts" document.
- A HANDS ON ACTIVITY: SALT CRYSTALS
Through this offline group activity that can take up to 3 sessions, students will:
1. Understand what crystal minerals are and how they form.
2. Reproduce the natural process of crystals by evaporation.
3. Apply the scientific method to obtain conclusions by evidence.
4. Investigate and look for information in order to learn about a related process: the formation of stalactites and stalagmites.
Check out more fun resources about Science at www.elesapiens.com.