Join the Rockwell family on their Top Secret mission to colonize a new planet. This fun-filled augmented reality enabled educational tour of the Solar System teaches students basic facts about each of the planets, and challenges them to design a base that is appropriate for the planet they choose to colonize.
Using the FREE Zappar Augmented Reality app for iOS and Android, students are able to scan selected pages of the book to view, interact with, and measure photo-realistic 3D models of each planet. Measurements student record include documenting each planet’s temperature, diameter, length of day, surface type and gravity.
- Target Grades: Grades 3-5
- Units Used Within Lesson: US Customary Units
- Expiration: Augmented Reality content within this workbook will expire at the end of the 2016-2017 school year (August 31st, 2017).
- Format: PDF
- Page Count: 24
- Curriculum Alignment: NGSS, TEKS, and more. See the StoneOak Media website for more details.
- Permissions: Unlimited copying for a single classroom. Interior pages within the workbook are printed in grayscale for easy classroom reproduction.
- Time to Complete: Approximately 1 - 1.5 hours