Students will learn about different roles in food chains, and about the balance plants and animals provide in the world’s ecosystems.
- identify some producers, primary consumers, secondary consumers, and decomposers
- create a composter filled with organic matter
- recognize the role of worms in creating rich soil for plants
- explain the uses and importance of compost to our environment and food chains
- recognize and explain the connection between photosynthesis and the carbon cycle
- conduct an experiment to determine the presence of carbon dioxide
- determine ‘true facts’ and ‘false facts’ about living things in the natural world
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.