Products in this Bundle (31)
showing 1-5 of 31 products
Are you looking for a bank of themed writing prompt resources that you could use year after year, with structured student stories that will surprise you and delight you? Each Roll A Writing Prompt resource has over 7770 unique possible combinations, which set your students up for writing exciting tales of adventure, spooky stories, quirky romances, thrilling murder mysteries and more! Students roll a dice to decide various aspects related to the theme of the prompt, which normally include character, setting and conflict - but students may encounter "magical object", "secret identity", "moral of the story" etc depending on the prompt! This Growing Bundle of Roll a Writing Prompts is a must-have for fast-finishers, alternative assessment, classroom activities, theme exploration, novel studies, story circles, distance learning (write a story every day!) - the ideas are endless! With so many themes to choose from, students WILL want to write!
☸ Example Rolls for the Egyptian Adventure Roll a Writing Prompt
⚀ -1- Hero: Museum Curator
⚁ -2- Treasure: Staff of the Pharoah
⚂ -3- Rival: A mysterious masked stranger
⚃ -4- Booby Trapped!: Large boulder rolls down the corridor
⚄ -5- Exciting Climax: Chased by ancient pyramid guards
⚠ Preview Product
> Download the PREVIEW to view a demo with student-friendly instructions.
> Or download this FREEBIE for an example of Roll A Writing Prompts!
✂ Contents of Each Roll A Writing Prompt
+ A full-page grid detailing the options for each side of a dice
+ Printable dice template (two dice per page)
+ Recording and story writing sheet
+ Student-friendly instructional presentation
+ Theme-related vocabulary (differentiated)
+ Story starters for those who need the extra nudge!
+ British and American English when applicable
✂ Teacher Preparation Instructions
Ensure students understand the basics of narrative writing before implementing in the classroom for best results. You could print a copy to add to writing centres, display the color version on the board for a class activity or hand out individual copies to students.
Individual Roll-A Writing Prompts Included:
⇨ Scrambled Fairy Tale ⇨ Hero's Journey ⇨ Super Hero ⇨ Valentine's Day ⇨ Adventure ⇨ Thanksgiving ⇨ Pirate Adventure ⇨ Action Film ⇨ Space Odyssey ⇨ Halloween 1 ⇨ Halloween 2 ⇨ Ship Wrecked ⇨ Murder Mystery ⇨ Secret Agent ⇨ Thanksgiving ⇨ Fable ⇨ Survival ⇨ Epidemic ⇨ Apocalypse ⇨ Christmas Tale ⇨ Halloween 3 ⇨ Thanksgiving 2 ⇨ Shipwrecked ⇨ Alien Encounter ⇨ Imagination ⇨ Ocean Exploration ⇨ Pyramid Explorer ⇨ Back to School ⇨ And more to come! ⇨
⚠ What teachers are saying about my Roll a Writing Prompts:
- My students said this was one of their favorite activities this year!
- I used this when I taught 6th grade and also when I taught 3rd grade. All students loved it! It was a lifesaver!
- Great option for introducing students to pieces of literature like "Lord of the Flies"!
- My students loved using this and it really challenged them to think of different ways to tie things together. I loved watching them work with each other to share ideas and help support the pieces of the story.
- This has been on my Wish List for years. Why didn't I purchase this sooner?! Thanks! It will be a great addition to my Odyssey unit.
- I used this with "The Hobbit" and the kids enjoyed it. Thanks!
- My fifth grade students love these! I heard and read many tales of misfortune from my students! Thank you!
- My Year 5 & 6 students absolutely LOVED using this grid! So many hilarious stories. Thanks so much!
- This is such a great way to get the students engaged and interested in writing! Thank you.
Did you know that you gain TPT credits, simply by rating the products you buy? Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine how I can tweak or touch up a product. Please don't hesitate to ask questions by visiting my Q&A tab. Lastly, to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales, look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a Follower.
© Jadyn Thone