This game allows students to practice place value by writing and drawing different combinations of tens and ones to make a two digit number.
• One Roll It! Write It! Draw It! worksheet per student
• Two dice to be shared with a pair of students
1. Students will work in pairs, sharing the dice and writing on their own papers.
2. Student 1 rolls both dice and makes the largest two digit number possible (the largest digit goes in the tens place).
3. Student 1 writes that number on the ”roll it” lines.
4. Student 1 completes the three place value boxes by showing different combinations of tens and ones that will equal that number.
5. Student 1draws a picture to match each of his/her place value boxes using quick tens and ones drawings.
6. Student 2 checks Student 1’s work.
7. Student 2 follows steps 2-5 with Student 1 checking the work.