Students will have TONS of FUN with this Roll a Silly Story or Sentence Writing Prompt this February! Differentiated writing activities are a great way to engage students in the same writing activity and meet different levels of abilities at the same time. This Roll a Silly Valentine Story is a great February writing activity to practice sentence building and story building with silly interactive writing prompts. My students loved creating silly Valentine sentences with this writing activity at center time. This February writing activity is for primary grades or special education classrooms, and can be used as a whole group activity, one-to-one, or at a writing center.
*This Differentiated Writing Activity is part of my Roll a Silly Story GROWING BUNDLE
The following differentiated writing activities are included:
5 Writing Prompt Cubes with pictures: (color & black and white)
- Roll a character/subject
- Roll a verb/action
- Roll a setting
- Roll a noun/object
- Roll an adjective/describing word
Writing Prompt Worksheets:
- Silly Valentine Sentence – with 2 cubes (character, action)
- Silly Valentine Sentence – with 3 cubes (character, action, setting)
- Silly Valentine Story – with 5 cubes (character, action, setting, noun, adjective), extra page for writing, and a picture page
- Brainstorming web (cut and paste or handwrite words)
-"I can write silly sentences" page for 5 written sentences
- Cut and Paste pictures for each cube to use on writing prompts (Color and Black and white)
*Each writing prompt comes in two versions:
(1) with a cut and paste cube words
(2) handwrite the cube words
Directions for the writing activity:
1. Build the cubes – cut out each cube and follow the directions on the cube template.
2. Choose a writing prompt worksheet based on student’s ability level.
3. Students will roll the cubes indicated on the writing prompt to create a silly sentence or story.
4. Draw a picture.
I hope your students enjoy this engaging February writing activity!
Other winter activities you might be interested in:
Roll a Silly Winter Story or Sentence
100s Day Writing Prompts
Valentine's Day Activities - Where is the Valentine Pig?
Where is the Skunk?
Follow my store for more differentiated activities and on instagram @missashleesclass