Thank you for purchasing this product! I just know your kiddos will LOVE it!
This package contains 3 letter cube templates, as well as 4 Roll-and-Cover picture boards.
1. Print out the Roll-and-Cover picture boards on white construction paper/cardstock.
(You can give 1 per student playing the game, OR have students SHARE 1 board in a race-style! ☺)
2. Laminate the Roll-and-Cover boards (or use plastic sheet protectors) for durability.
3. Print out the letter cubes on cardstock.
(I prefer to use different colors of cardstock for each cube to differentiate them and make it easier for children to put them in correct CVC order.)
4. Cut out cube patterns along the outside lines.
5. Fold tabs and tape along cube edges to secure.
6. When you’re finished, you will have 3 letter cubes ready for play!
7. Don’t forget to gather dry erase markers, counters, cubes, or whatever else you want your students to use to mark the picture boards.
Firstly, decide if you want each student playing to have his/her OWN board, or to SHARE one board and race! To play, a student takes all cubes, rolls them, and puts them in sequential CVC order. (They are numbered to help children assemble quickly and accurately.) Once the cubes are ordered, the roller reads the word aloud. If the word read is REAL, s/he needs to find it on the board and mark it off with their marker/cube, etc. Then, the next player rolls, reads, and marks.
This game can be played like BINGO (mark pictures off in a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line), like a race to get a certain number of CVC words pictures marked off first (i.e., first person to 5!), OR even first person to completely cover their own board!
Again, this game can be played various ways with ONE or MANY boards in the mix. Choose your variation and get ready for some CVC fun! My kids love this during center time. I love it, too, because they’re practicing their decoding skills without even knowing it! ☺