Goal setting is a great way to motivate the unmotivated student!
As a school counselor, I love to set goals with the students at my school. I use this resource for a way to check-in and check-out with students who are struggling to stay motivated. Roll and Goal is fun and easy to use, just follow these steps!
1. Talk to the student about what they need to do to be academically and/or socially successful.
2. Come up with 6 ideas and make them into a goal. Ex. Participate in class, talk to someone new, do my homework, etc...
3. Write one goal in each of the 6 boxes in the second column.
4. Each morning have the student come in to your office, roll a dice, and work on the goal that correlates to the number he/she rolled.
5. At the end of the day, have the student check-out in your office and reflect how they did in the third column.
This is an easy way to show students you care, motivate them to work on goals, and hold them accountable all day to do their best!