Use and Reuse Roll and Read Phonics Game Boards provide activities that your students can repeat again and again. I like to send these home for homework, use in literacy stations, word study review, or as an option for early finishers.
This Common Core Aligned (1.RF.3) activity pack includes "Roll and Read" activities for:
- short vowel CVC (individual vowels by word family, individual vowels mixed word families, AND mixed vowels)
- digraphs (individual and mixed) and blends (by type- r blends, s blends, l blends, etc.)
- magic e CVCe (individual vowels separate)
- magic e CVCe with mixed vowels
- vowel teams (ai, oa, igh, ui, ee, ea)
The beauty of this activity is that students feel as if they are playing a game. I print them on colored paper, laminate them, and hand the kiddos a dice. You'd never know they were practicing phonics spelling patterns. And they can repeat the same cards again for review, even if they've done it already!