Students work both collaboratively and independently to identify specific information using a variety of reliable internet sources and then present their findings to the class in a structured format. Students can use PowerPoint, Googledocs, or any other kind of presentation software to present their findings.
Complete project document includes:
* Independent Pre-Assessment Questions
* Project Directions
* Individual research “Inquiry Quest”
* Blank note sheet for internet research
* Citing sources guidelines and directions
* Group essential questions and a list of internet resources for each group
* Presentation scoring rubric
* Group scoring sheets
Created by The House of Roush to begin an intermediate level novel unit focusing on Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. Assignment meets multiple common core standards for reading, writing and research.