Looking for a fun way to top off your literature unit? ThemeQuotes Trivia Games are just what you need!
What is a ThemeQuote?
A ThemeQuote is a thought-provoking, value-promoting quotation that relates to a theme of a work of literature. ThemeQuotes are authored by great minds such as Gandhi, Anne Frank, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Amy Tan, Nietzsche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games link famous quotations to the themes of the literature you teach!
Designed specifically for classroom use, ThemeQuotes Trivia Games combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune™ with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit™.
Students might be asked to:
* answer questions about the author
* answer multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions based on the book
* answer questions that are related to the content of the book
* locate grammatical errors in dialogue
* translate idioms or dialectical phrases
* define, spell, or pronounce challenging words
* complete examples of figurative language
* unscramble anagrams or word merges
* and so much more!
Students have fun while being exposed to great thinkers!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students’ understanding of theme
* challenge students’ reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
* are just plain fun!
FYI: Some of the questions go beyond the book, but that's the fun of the game. Such questions, which are usually presented in multiple-choice format, require students to rely on their past experiences and their critical thinking skills to select the correct answer of the three choice provided. It's a fun way to learn something new! Check out the preview for examples!
The Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry edition includes:
* 250 trivia questions
* 12 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE FOR THIS TITLE!
Many different editions at all levels--just search for your favorite title!
Below are more unique products over ROLL OF THUNDER, HEAR MY CRY
View them all in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy readin
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry Trivia Game ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 250 questions!
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: 50-word Prereading Crossword--Fun! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Fun! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Good Objective Review! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: 10 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations! Students decode quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: 5 Novel-Based Word Searches Categories: Characters; Locations; Critters in the Story; Great Faith Elementary; Southern Fixin’s
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: 5 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Mr. Morrison; Plants in the Story; Onomatopoeias; Stacey; Local Life; The Fire;
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: Anagram Crossword Puzzle—Challenging! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: Vocabulary Crossword—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: Figurative Language Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to approach figurative language!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!