Have y'all seen those huge blow up dice from Target?! I created this product to use to go with those but it could be used with any dice, small or large! :)
The game is in an interactive PDF form where the pages are linked together. It can be played with a whole group, small group, partners or could be used as an individual/self checking activity! There are so many options!
• Put students in 6 groups and decide which group will go first.
• The first group chooses a category and rolls the colored dice that matches the category.
• Whatever number is rolled is the problem the students will answer.
• If they roll a 6, they chose a number from the purple category!
• ALL students and groups solve the problem.
• If the group who rolled gets the answer wrong, they roll the dice to see which group gets to try and “steal” their points.
• If the group that is rolled has the answer correct, they get to steal their points!
• Repeat with the next group.
With a small group, partner or individual students can follow the same rules or just play with no points!
Whole Group: Open the PDF in Preview on your computer and the students an interact with it through the SmartBoard!
Small Group, Partner or Individual: Open the PDF in Preview or any other app that reads PDFs. The students will interact with it by touching or clicking on the buttons!
• Multiplying 2 digit by 4 digit
• Multiplying 2 digit by 3 digit
• Multiplying 3 digit by 3 digit
• Multiplying decimals
• Dividing with a one digit divisor
• Dividing with a two digit divisor
• Dividing a whole number and a decimal
• Dividing a decimal by a decimal
These skills are geared more towards a 5th grade classroom but could be used to challenge 4th grade students or as a review for 6th grade!