A fun way to explore and practice making tens, counting coins (dimes and pennies), writing cent and dollar signs, and exchanging equal values.
Supplies needed to play:
1-6 die or 4-9 die
Rolling Tens Gameboard per player
15 pennies (real or those provided in the packet copied onto cardstock)
15 dimes (real or those provided in the packet copied onto cardstock)
10 $1.00 Penguin Bills
***Enclosed are two versions of recording sheets to practice using the cent and dollar signs to record amounts rolled and added together.***
How to play...
1. Roll a 1-6 die to determine how many pennies to put on the gameboard.
2. Add that amount to the gameboard.
3. Once you get to 10 pennies, remove and exchange them for 1 dime.
4. Once you get to 10 dimes, remove and exchange them for 1 Dollar.
5. Prior to beginning, players should determine what amount the winner should reach. $1.00 is a great place to start.