Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
In this (fully- editable) activity your students will compare the reasons for the fall of the Roman Empire in 476 AD by participating in a Socratic Seminar...OPTIONAL: if you prefer, this resource could easily be used as a document based student activity instead of a Socratic Seminar (classwork or homework)!
For the Socratic Seminar Activity your students will:
1) Read and examine 20 short primary source excerpts, charts etc. and answer Comprehension Questions about each source to guide understanding.
2) Using the template provided, cut out and create a name plate for the seminar.
3) Examine the grading rubric (included) and be prepared to participate in the discussion.
4) Participate in a Socratic Seminar style class discussion and will discuss the open-ended questions INCLUDED in this activity.
6) Complete a creative EXIT CARD/ Assessment Activity.
***All student worksheets, handouts, grading rubric, discussion questions, link to online reference material and Exit Card Activity are all INCLUDED!
Follow My Store!
Follow my store... simply click on “follow me” under Learning is a Passion on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post awesome new products and have sales.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
Don’t forget to leave positive feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback will earn you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive comments!
Want more World History products?
Want US Government products?
Want more Quality US History Resources? Check these out: