This file contains two PPT
presentations giving an overview of Ancient Roman Theater for secondary theater or ELA students.
The notes are split into two parts that can be taught on separate days. The first part covers theater from the conquering of Greece to the rise of the emperors while the second covers the reign of Augustus Caesar until Constantine's conversion to Christianity. Each presentation starts with a series of learning targets
formatted as "I CAN"
statements to guide study. Each presentation also comes with a set of brief lecture notes to help the teacher.
Also included in this file is a quiz that can be given at the end of the unit. It is a single short essay and the key is a handful of facts students can include in their paragraph essays to successful answer the question. The questions are literally variations of the learning targets
. I have used this quiz successfully in my own theater classroom.
• Ancient Greek Theater Notes Presentations & Quiz
• Ancient Greek Theater Timeline Interactive Notebook Pages
• Antigone Anticipation Guide
• Aristotle Poetics Interactive Notebook
• Comparing Ancient Theater Handout
• Classical Theater History Bundle (Greek and Roman Theater)