The Romans had a real problem dealing with the unruly Celts! This collection of my songs tries to tell the story from both sides. Each song contains accurate historical information and also provides up to date references with particular emphasis on the Roman way of life. There are opportunities for percussion accompaniments and teacher's notes give guidance for class teachers to undertake these activities, particularly useful for teachers with limited musical experience.
This set of songs on 'Celts and Romans' consists of:
* 20 mp3 files, with both vocal and piano backing tracks
* a PDF of the music and lyrics
* an illustrated PowerPoint of each song for use with digital projectors and whiteboards
* a separate Word document of the lyrics
* Teacher's notes for each song.
No license is required for performing any of my material, and the music and lyrics may be copied freely for use within or by your school.
The complete list of songs:
1. Hadrian’s Wall
2. Roman Clothes and Appearance
3. Celtic Clothes and Appearance
5. Roman Dinner
6. Roman Calendar
7. Roman Gods
8. Queen Boudicca
9. The Roman Army