The following is a common core-based lesson/worksheet and PowerPoint that focuses on the transition of the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire. This worksheet is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• The Punic Wars
• Prowess of the Roman army
• Roman roads
• Problems in Rome after the Punic Wars
• Rise and fall of Julius Caesar
• End of the Roman republic and the rise of Augustus
• Pax Romana
Activities utilized in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Several secondary source readings with critical thinking questions attached
• Links to two video clips (Gladiator, HBO’s Rome) with questions included
• Pax Romana activity
PowerPoint contain 7 slides that includes the aim question, maps, paintings, and photographs that breathe life into the lesson.
I also offer the worksheet separately without the PowerPoint...
The Roman Empire worksheet - Global/World History Common Core
Since this worksheet is a Word document, it can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this product if you are kind enough to purchase it. Thanks!