The following is a common core-based lesson/worksheet that focuses on the transition of the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire. This worksheet is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• The Punic Wars
• Prowess of the Roman army
• Roman roads
• Problems in Rome after the Punic Wars
• Rise and fall of Julius Caesar
• End of the Roman republic and the rise of Augustus
• Pax Romana
Activities utilized in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Several secondary source readings with critical thinking questions attached
• Links to two video clips (Gladiator, HBO’s Rome) with questions included
• Pax Romana activity
NEW! Answer key included!
I do offer this worksheet bundled with a brief PowerPoint presentation for only $1.00 more
The Roman Empire Worksheet & PP - Global/World History Common Core
I also offer the two other lessons in the Ancient Rome sequence individually...
The Roman Republic - Global/World History Common Core
Turning Point - The Fall of Rome worksheet - Global/World History Common Core
...or all three bundled together for a lower price...
Ancient Rome Bundle - Global/World History Common Core
Since this worksheet is a Word document, it can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this product if you are kind enough to purchase it. Thanks!