Directions: You will need to create a map of the Mediterranean World you will be instructed below on how to add the illustrations. If you would like to see an example of an illustrated map, type illustrated map into Google and hit the images tab, a number of examples will pop up. Rome conquered the entire Mediterranean world so; basically we will be putting together the maps we have been creating all year long. Below are the places you will need to label on the map you create.
Rome (you may want to do this as an inset on the map)
Next Step: Now that you have created your basic map you must add the following items ( all items must be ancient not modern):
1. Color- illustrated maps are typically colorful-use the colored pencils on the shelf.
2. Create a title for your map.
3. For each ancient group listed above: Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Numidia, Spain, Italy you must add one geographical feature to the map. For example, river, mountains, desert, lake etc.
4. For each ancient group listed above you must draw one physical feature created by the civilization or create a symbol for an idea that they are famous for. Place it on the map
5. For each ancient group listed above you must draw a representative of a famous individual (ancient) that you feel best represents the group.
6. You must create a map key it should include: direction and key colors an symbols used on your map.
Final Step: Please read the story of Romulus and Remus recounted by Livy. On the back of your map create a 6-10 box cartoon recounting the story.