Also included in
- Save over 35% with this Health Class Related Movie Guide Bundle!This bundle includes the following 8 movie guides, click each one to view previews, sample questions and individual product descriptions.Romeo + Juliet (PG13 - 1996)Romeo and Juliet (PG - 1968)Hamlet (PG - 1990)*Macbeth (R - 2015)A Mi$24.99$39.92Save $14.93
- Custom Film Literature/Analysis Movie Guide | Worksheet | Questions | SAVE 35%Check each individual movie guide posting for sample questions and details : )This bundle was teacher requested, if you have a custom bundle you'd like to create of 10 movies guides or more please feel free make your reque$48.50$74.85Save $26.35
- This High School ELA Literature Bundle of 10 Popular Movie Guides is great to have in your emergency fun toolkit for ELA substitutes or supplemental material for your English class.Check the preview files for each individual product to see high resolution sample questions and decide if these guides$39.90$49.90Save $10.00
Use this Romeo + Juliet Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG13 - 1996) to give your students a modern take on Shakespeare's classic play. Challenge students to analyze characters, their decisions and the concepts that may otherwise be viewed and quickly forgotten. Explore the justice handed out by the Prince and get students to explain how they would have settled the dispute between the Montagues and the Capulets.
Note: This movie guide is for the 1996, Luhrmann film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio. If you are looking for the 1968, Zeffirelli film, movie guide please click here.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 14 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF printer friendly version (5 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (5 pages)
- A Google Forms & Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- An answer key (5 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
Get Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital PDF Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Onward Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Trolls World Tour Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE