THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE PLAY.
NOTE: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert hints into the puzzles before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs. Teachers may also want to enlarge puzzles.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from ROMEO AND JULIET. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from below the grid to squares in the columns directly above.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of ROMEO AND JULIET along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
Students love these puzzles once they get the hang of them! Download the preview to see a sample!
Perfect activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
Middle school editions of Quotefall puzzles:
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank Remembered
* As I Lay Dying
* The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
* The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
* The Diary of a Young Girl
* Ender’s Game
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!
* The Hunger Games
* Johnny Tremain
* The Light in the Forest
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* My Side of the Mountain
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders—FREE!
* The Pearl
* The Pigman
* Romeo and Juliet
* The Slave Dancer
* The Witch of Blackbird Pond
* Walk Two Moons
While you're in my store, take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER line of products based on my years “in the trenches”--great middle and high school writing lessons!
Here are my unique products over Romeo and Juliet—see them in my store!
• ROMEO AND JULIET edition of Bookmarks Plus—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• ROMEO AND JULIET Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 180 questions!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Good Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 50 Elizabethan Words/Phrases Crossword—Unique! Students provide modern synonyms for Elizabethan language!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!