Note: These theme-related quotations are also the focus of my ThemeQuotes trivia game based on this book.
These well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by great thinkers such as Robert Burns, Confucius, Rousseau, and more are a natural addition to your ROMEO AND JULIET unit! Use them to introduce the play, or as discussion starters, hangman games, or essay questions (essay suggestions as well as a final project suggestion are included). Or simply hang them around the room or on the bulletin board as inspiration. Fun, interesting, and value-instructive!
• ROMEO AND JULIET edition of Bookmarks Plus—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• ROMEO AND JULIET Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 180 questions!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Good Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 50 Elizabethan Words/Phrases Crossword—Unique! Students provide modern synonyms for Elizabethan language!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!