NOTE: THIS PUZZLE IS MEANT TO BE USED RIGHT AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE PLAY OR RIGHT BEFORE.
This crossword puzzle contains 50 Elizabethan-era words or phrases from ROMEO AND JULIET. Clues consist of the word/phrase; answers are today's equivalent. Examples:
4 Down: Gyves
24 Across: Beshrew
17 Across: Ambuscadoes
12 Across: Orizons
41 Down: Behooveful
Fun review after reading the play! Also makes a great prereading assignment to familiarize students with Elizabethan language!
Here are my fun and unique products over Romeo and Juliet—see them in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: ROMEO AND JULIET edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• ROMEO AND JULIET Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 180 questions!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Good Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 50 Elizabethan Words/Phrases Crossword—Unique! Students provide modern synonyms for Elizabethan language!
• ROMEO AND JULIET: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Educational Products
--more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!