13 different resources to introduce Romeo and Juliet and carry your students through Act 1, all while thinking critically, reflecting on the text, and staying engaged!
- An introductory PowerPoint that shows the students how relevant Romeo and Juliet is today by revealing its influence on the arts and entertainment industry
- a PowerPoint to use throughout that includes cross-curricular connections
- 1 Study guide with answer key
- Modern day scenarios to hook the students' interest in the themes of Romeo and Juliet
- A handout to explore character social rank as revealed through language use
- A handout for the students to connect astrology and characterization
- A handout to help the students understand common language used by Shakespeare
- 1 Vocabulary game
- 1 Vocabulary quiz
- 1 Homework assignment to make a mask for the Capulet Masquerade
- In-class activity: Prologue choral and iambic pentameter reading
- 1 Quick write: Understanding characterization through language use
Feel free to send any questions my way!