Reading Act 2 of Romeo and Juliet? Need to scaffold the reading by preparing students to meet difficult vocabulary with confidence? Try this.
When I teach vocabulary, I teach it for retention, not memorization. With all vocabulary instruction, Romeo and Juliet Act II vocabulary included, I focus on differentiation, student-centered activities, and brain-based approaches to learning.
Romeo and Juliet can be a frustrating text because of the nuances in the historical Early Modern English language, but we can support our students with sound vocabulary instruction in addition to other scaffolding techniques.
In this Romeo and Juliet Act II vocabulary resource, you will find several engaging activities to encourage students' participation and to facilitate learning. With purchase, you will receive the following teacher resources:
- Eight vocabulary words from Act II: cunning, procure, vile, predominant, intercession, waverer, lamentable, and unwieldy
- A graphic organizer notes page that encourages students to think beyond the definition
- A fun differentiated class activity that focuses on connections and associations with video clip links included!
- A PDF presentation that will encourage students to determine the definitions of the words using context clues and class discussion
- A thorough lesson plan that will give you step-by-step instruction for how to implement the previous three items
- A class game of "Tic-Tac-Toe This Means War!" which can be played over and over to increase competition, retention, and motivation
- A 26 question vocabulary quiz and answer key that is compatible with scantron and that uses context from Act 2
***Check out the entire Ultimate Romeo and Juliet Act by Act Bundle here!
I hope this Romeo and Juliet Act 2 vocabulary pack encourages your students to remember the words long after you finish the play, Romeo and Juliet. Interested in more classroom-tested and tweaked materials to teach one of Shakespeare's greatest tragedies?
Act-by-Act Figurative Language and Literary Terms Resource
Romeo and Juliet Reading Guide Bundle
Get Schooled! Figurative Language and Literary Terms Game
Romeo and Juliet Prologue Identification Exercise
Pyramus and Thisbe Reading Guide: Symbolism, Theme, and Connections
The Poetry Challenge
Figurative Language Truth or Dare
Poetry Journal Writing Prompts
You can find more unique ELA products by visiting my store
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© 2017 The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.