Preparing to teach Act 3 of Romeo and Juliet? Use best practices in brain-based instruction and reading comprehension to differentiate and scaffold students' interaction with their vocabulary words before reading the act.
These Act 3 vocabulary resources are intended for retention, not memorization. Students need to have time to engage meaningfully with new words instead of simply copying down definitions and studying flashcards.
Romeo and Juliet can be a frustrating text because of the nuances in the historical Early Modern English language, but we can support our students with sound vocabulary instruction in addition to other scaffolding techniques.
In this Romeo and Juliet Act III vocabulary resource, you will find several engaging activities to encourage students' participation and to facilitate learning. With purchase, you will receive the following teacher resources:
- Six vocabulary words from Act III: gallant, fray, martial, exile, eloquence, and fickle
- A graphic organizer notes page that encourages students to think beyond the definition
- A fun differentiated class activity that focuses on connections and associations with video clip links included!
- A PDF presentation that will encourage students to determine the definitions of the Act III words using context clues and class discussion
- A thorough lesson plan that will give you step-by-step instruction for how to implement the previous three items
- A class game of 3 Truths and a Lie, which will increase competition, retention, and motivation for Act III vocabulary words
- A 23 question vocabulary quiz and answer key that is compatible with scantron and that uses context from Act 3
I hope these Romeo and Juliet Act 3 vocabulary teaching resources encourage your students to remember the words long after you finish the play, Romeo and Juliet. Interested in more classroom-tested and tweaked materials to teach one of Shakespeare's greatest tragedies?
You can find more unique Romeo and Juliet products, such as reading guides, figurative language lessons, and games here
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© 2017 The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.