BONUS - FREE PREZI INCLUDED!
Tired of the same old chapter questions? Get students engaged with this Romeo and Juliet activity bundle. All R & J products from this author have been included – price discount applied!
This fun and creative package includes:
1. R & J Character Map: This character map helps students identify and compare the different "sides" present in the play. All characters with speaking parts are included. Relationships within the play are also identified.
2. R & J Major Quotations: These organizers help students identify and dissect different quotations in an easy to follow and manageable form. Each analysis relates each quote to a major theme or symbol/motif of the play.
3. R & J Dear Abby Letter: This activity helps students identify and express emotions of major characters from Romeo and Juliet. Both plot and characters actions/reactions must be combined to communicate an understanding of the play.
4. R & J Poetic Representation: This assignment helps students identify and analyze complex figures of speech through personal expression and written explanations. Each student will create an abstract illustration and corresponding response connecting a singular poetic device to major themes in Romeo and Juliet.
5. R & J in Popular Music: This fun and creative activity introduces students to the concept of pop culture and popular music. Students will relate popular music to Romeo and Juliet, helping them further relate individually to the central themes and ideas from the play. An extension is provided for those students who wish to examine music at a deeper level – this includes a timeline analyzing popular music for Romeo and Juliet from different eras, as well as a soundtrack activity for the play.
*All files are in PDF format.
This product was designed by Jared Laberge and is based on the play by William Shakespeare.