Romeo and Juliet Act 4. This resource is ideal for any student studying the play as it's in simplified language. It's suitable for - Spec.ed, ESL, adult literacy, ESOL classes, new teachers, High school/low ability GCSE and intervention students. It's also ideal for differentiation/for use as a supplemental resource alongside studying the original play.
This HUGE resource covers all 5 scenes of Act 4. I have adapted the text so it's in simplified language so all abilities can study and enjoy the play.
Plenty of creative activities/worksheets which encourage engagement with the characters/plot are included. These will help to increase your students' confidence in tackling Shakespeare (which can be daunting for most students).
Their motivation levels will also increase because the play will start to make sense to them.
Contents - (Examples of handouts and activities included)
* Adapted text handouts for each scene of Act 4
* Role play sheets (Which should be used for each acted out scene)
* Write diary entries
* Friar Lawrence's Master plan
* Friar Lawrence's Plan B (pairs activity)
* Capulet the wedding planner
* Juliet's fears
* Juliet's what ifs
* Lost the plot??
* Friar (liar?) Lawrence
* Write a short scene
* Write the front page of a newspaper
* Writer technique - building tension